theRedPresstheRedPress

Main News Audio Reviews Stats

Leave Me Be Leave Me Be

Gnarly

I really love this one. I'm actually skipping other songs now to listen to yours, because I think they're really good and have a lot of potential.

Hmm, what are you saying? Is that backwards? Oh well, here we go listening again.....

Love the guitar, everything sounds so good! It is very repetitive, but that's ok.

As for the bass line, haha, well I've probably heard that somewhere too, so what? It's a great bass line, and usually the artist's music as a whole is what people compare for originality, not a single instrument's line in a song. I say don't sweat it. Great tune!

Cold V.1.0 Cold V.1.0

What I think of V 1.0

Intro sounds pretty good. There's just that swell at 0:30 that seems to break up in the speakers, maybe you could mix it a little better. Is it moving from left to right and back to left? Sounds like it's shifting around. Maybe it's the volume at center that's causing the static, unless that's all on purpose. I'd say, ditch the crackly sound if you can.

Later in the song when the drums bit starts, it just seems to compound and I dunno, honestly sounds a bit messy. Don't misunderstand me though, this is a great track, and I really like all of it. Just try to smooth it out some, it sounds a bit clunky.

Towards the end with the guitar, man I wish there was a whole song with that going on, for another four minutes. Seriously I love the sound, it reminds me of the Satriani album with all the electronic effects. I can't wait to hear V 1.1 or 2.0 or whatever you're gonna call it. ^^

Rig - Stardust Crazy Rig - Stardust Crazy

Sweet

Pretty bouncy tune. Really liked the vocals and the lyrics the most, I think it worked really well in this type of song. Mixed very well, no complaints there. If I had to point out something that didn't make sense to me, it would be the bass sound in the intro. I'm not sure what it is about it, but I'll just say I wasn't expecting such a great song based on that sound I heard in the intro. :/ Maybe a clean bass sound would have worked better? Oh well. ^^ Keep on rocking.

Rig responds:

Yeah, the bass DOES sound noobish in the beginning. I'll have to change that. Thanks for the review! :D

One Day It's Gonna Happen One Day It's Gonna Happen

Well

It's ok, it didn't seem to go anywhere. Maybe if you added a break, a bridge, somet other segment or a key change...

Is that a synth guitar? I don't hear any guitar. Sometimes to me, anyhow, it just seems slightly overcomplicated. If that makes any sense? I'd try to point out what I thought was too much, but I honestly don't know what those effects are.

The underlying track, the music, is pretty cool though.

pitbulljones responds:

Nope no synth guitar, that be me playing it with some real fucked up fx. in fact there's three guitars on the track, the opening panning 'synth' the pick and the whirly one towards the end. yea could do with changing shit here and there just never can, it is a fault of mine. cheers for the review.

BFG23! BFG23!

Interesting

I was totally into this for the first couple minutes. The beat was working, the vocals were so smooth, and then you just completely annoyed me at about 2 minutes with some really weird skipping/shifting stuff. I dunno, it didn't really belong, and made me a bit confused. Maybe you could try the song without that stuff.

Even still, I gave it a 7 for being so nicely done besides all that.

[[=Please (REMIX)=]] [[=Please (REMIX)=]]

Whoa...

It sounds like My Chemical Romance meets Dracula X for SNES. :( Very creative. When the heavy keys come in tho, seems to drown your vocals, which was all that kept me listening honestly.

Night Of Redemption Night Of Redemption

Recorded well.

I grew up playing in a hardcore band. So I liked some of the screaming, but the rest wasn't working for me. It was very well recorded though, so I gave it a five. ^^

[[=Go Go Go=]] [[=Go Go Go=]]

If it wasn't for the reverse...

...then I might have really liked this. I dunno, that's one of those things that sounds better when it's used more with more subtlety, in my opinion. Everything else sounded great.

Space Duck Space Duck

Reminds me of...

I can't quite put my finger on it. Some of it reminds me of a track from Final Fantasy 9, while some of it reminds me of, possibly Coldplay? I'm not sure. I hate it when I'm not sure. ^^ Great song anyhow.

*+*+(Wonder Wall)+*+* *+*+(Wonder Wall)+*+*

Pretty sweet

Not bad at all. Some of the instruments, particularly what sounds like a hard tambourine hit to me, sounded a bit too abrasive. A few others, the hi hat sound, if that's what it is... No complaints other than that, great instrumental version of a really cool song. ^^ Cheers.

Chronamut responds:

ya I agree with you man as far as percussion goes..

glad you liked my orchestral rendering of one of like.. the only good songs oasis ever made XD

thanks for the review!